Design trends for 2023 focus on personalization. Read on to discover what designers think will be the top trends in the New Year.
Out with the old and in with the new! It is that time of year when we reflect on the past and look to the future—even in home design. When it comes to design trends for 2023, this year’s Pantone color of the year has set the tone for the year with the vibrant shade of Viva Magenta. As we continue to spend more time in our homes thanks to the lasting impact of the pandemic, designers are forecasting that we will see boldness and personalization take over in our homes this year. Here are some of the anticipated design trends for 2023.
- Bold Color: Gone are the days of shades of grey and neutral palettes. Homeowners now opt for bursts of color, vibrancy, and contrast. From accent walls to rugs to furniture, designers expect to see homeowners use pops of colors to personalize a room and create a vibe.
- Curves: Continuing with the theme of personalization, modernist curves will begin to replace standard straight lines. Curved furniture, arched doorways, and other rounded architectural elements will be used to add boldness and dimension to a home.
- Butler-Style Pantries: Kitchens continue to be one of the gathering spots in our home, and these large, hidden pantries allow homeowners to create an open-concept gathering space. These highly functional spaces help hide the clutter and provide a more organized storage/preparation space.
- Sustainable Design: As homeowners continue to customize their spaces with an eye on the environment, they will invest in one-a-kind quality pieces, use renewable building materials, and buy vintage or antique items. Overall, homeowners will be more selective about what they build their homes with and what goes inside it.
- Smart Technology: Every year, technology continues to advance, and homeowners continue to incorporate the latest and greatest into their homes. This trend will continue in 2023, especially in the kitchen, where designers expect the popularity of smart kitchens to rise.
Are you ready to incorporate some of these design trends for 2023 into a new custom home? Consider contacting GW Homes. For more than 50 years, we have been helping homeowners in Gainesville create the custom home of their dreams. From the colors and textures to the cabinets and countertops, you will feel good knowing you helped customize every detail of your new home. Contact us today to explore one of our dozen new home communities in Gainesville and Alachua County, FL, and to get started on creating your custom home.